Thursday, May 17, 2007

Replacing Servos? (Part 2)

Here is some more information about servo replacing:
Tower Pro SG-90 : PERFECTLY SAME

24/6/2007, by JD:


Oh, and let me tell you something I just found out. people talk about servo's and speed or quality, my cheap servos work well in a hover and under control. But when you loose it or are going fast and apply some control input like forward when you going backward, the added stresses cause the load to stop the heli from reacting because the servo is not strong enough. So, as you get better you will find that yes, at hover you have good control and then you loose that control when you speed up. Its the strength of the servos.

I have to be very careful with my helis with the stock servos, they don't react when you need it most. Just something to think about if you ever go to get servo's. The Hitec ball bearing 56's are great on my shoguns but the align servo's on my TREX are sluggish. On the walkera 22's I would buy the Hittec 50's. And yes I have a set, but I have not put them on yet. But I will.



2/12/2006, E_Heli:

Futaba S3110 servo fits right in, the price is couple bucks more than the blue one but very good quality and torque. The only down side is the arm travel in the opposite direction and you have to fool around in the radio setting.



Other info I've collected about servo alternatives for the 22e:


Tower Pro SG-90 : Mods have to be done...


Blue Bird BMS-306 and BMS-306BB (ball bearing) : they might require some modification of the servo holders.
Hitec HS-50 or HS-55 which is stronger but also a bit bigger so some mods to the servo holders may be needed.. Otherwise this is a very good servo bought by many heli flyers..


The Hs-55's from Hitec fit well with VERY little modding to be done.....you just need to shave off a tiny bit of the searvo holders , and they slip right in..
God Bless the Dremel company!!






No comments: